This year we are planning three 24×7 MakingMovies events.
24×7 invites anyone under 24 years of age to make
a short feature on the theme of “Laughter & Terror”.
1. The 1st Edition of the 24x7making Movies Program, 2006, is being held in Mumbai at Fame Malad, Inorbit Mall
Please also read the Frequently Asked Questions or (FAQ’s) about copyright and ownership of the films.
3. You have to be under the age of 24 to participate in this program. You have to be born on or after 1st Jan 1982
4. Mention clearly in the subject column “ Entry – 24×7 Making Movies”
5. The participants will be selected on the basis of the originality of their concept – their interpretation of the theme Laughter & Terror.’
6. The selected participants will be informed by 4th August 2006. The list of selected participants will also be put up on this website.
7. The selected participants will be required to submit the Script by 25th August 2006
8. Mini DV camera will be provided for the shoot. You may however use your own miniDV camcorder if it is okayed by our technical team.
9. You will have to edit the film at the Apple Final Cut Pro editing workstations set up by us at the Multiplex.
10. Choose your team well. You will need actors, and friends to help you out. Your team-members need not be under 24 years of age. You, the director of the film, will need to be under 24 years old.
11. The Ground Event – the Mentoring Workshops and the Filmmaking Week – will take place from end-September to mid-October. It will be held at Fame Multiplex at Inorbit Malad, Mumbai. The participants will be informed the exact dates once the schedule is drawn up for each of the selected participants.
12. Mentoring Workshops will include Script workshops with Dev Benegal and his team and Technical workshops – camera and editing – with the technical team.
13. First and second place winners will be chosen by a jury made up of industry professionals. The Prizes for the competition will be announced shortly.
These dates for the ‘ground event’ are subject to change. We will inform the selected participants by individual email of the final dates. The participants can also get the latest updates on the website.